Sunday, May 3, 2009

9 Weeks!!

Bennett had quite an eventful week. Bennett went with Mommy and Daddy to meet his new daycare provider, Angela. I think Bennett really liked her, and of course Angela loved him. :) He starts daycare in June and will be the youngest of 5 children there. Matt and I are confident that he will do great with Angela and are looking forward to working with her.

Bennett also had his 2 month doctor's appointment this week! At the appointment he weighed 12 pounds 8.8 ounces (66th percentile) and was 23.5 inches long (63rd percentile). Dr. Mellick was really pleased with Bennett's development and was especially impressed with his head control! Bennett did great at the doctor's office and was so brave through his shots! Did I mention that he had 4 shots?! Yikes. Bennett was definitely not the only one crying in the room...Matt and I both felt awful for him! Poor baby. :( We are definitely not looking forward to more shots in the next couple of months. After the appointment, Bennett ran a couple errands with me including a trip to Babies 'r Us. Since he was so upset from his shots and since he was such a trooper, Bennett got a blue elephant toy that smells like vanilla - which scent apparently is supposed to soothe babies. I figured, well if he can't have an ice cream cone, then the elephant was the next best thing! And he loves it.

We also moved Bennett out of his bassinett in our bedroom this week and into his own crib. The jury is still out on whether he likes his crib or not. He will sleep in the crib for a couple hours and then he and I sleep in the wonderfully comfortable green chair for the rest of the night. I thought it would be a good idea to start having him sleep in his crib before I go back to work at the end of May...but we'll see if he adjusts to it or not. Please keep your fingers crossed!
Here are several pictures from this week. It was way to hard to just pick a few!!

9 weeks!

Big blue eyes!

Yep...he has whales on his feet. He's cool like that.



Smiles!

Such a big boy!

My favorite picture!! What a great laugh!

Hanging out with Grammy.

Mmmmm....delicious!

"Stayin' alive" with 2 thumbs up.


Working on his boxing form. He's quite the puncher!

He loves to flex.

I caught the end of a giggle!

Fun times on the diaper changing table.

Big boy! Check out his toes!

Love this picture! What a rolly polly.


Look at that concentration. He finally got his toes!!

Bennett in his monster shoes. He loves them (so does his mom). :)

What a sweet smile!

Just the three of us.

The entire family.

No comments:

Post a Comment