Saturday, February 21, 2009

The final touch...

Today we put our final touch on the baby's room...the mobile!  This may not seem like a very hard task, but if you know me at all and know how indecisive I am, this was a pretty tough call.  I came up empty handed after looking at Target and Babies 'R Us for a mobile, so I started looking online.  If you have never visited the website etsy.com, I strongly recommend it!  Etsy is full of handmade art, jewelry, etc.  It's kind of like ebay, only there are thousands of real artists from all over the world selling their items...and there is some AWESOME stuff on there!  Matt and I had great luck purchasing our wall decals from an artist on Etsy (see pics below), so when we started looking at mobiles we found several that we loved!  We decided on this felt elephant mobile after several days or so of deliberation and we had it custom made in our nursery colors.  We received it earlier this week and we are thrilled with how it turned out!  Obviously it is not your every day baby mobile...no lights, no music, no mirrors, etc.  Instead it is a little piece of art that is the perfect icing on the cake for what we think is our perfect little nursery.

Full view of the mobile over the crib...and Curious George


Close up of the fun elephants


Minnie and Roxy are excited to meet their new brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment